Published June 2, 2016
- 2 small shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 pound ripe sweet cherries, pitted (or 10 ounces frozen pitted sweet cherries)
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (regular balsamic will also work)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ⅓ cup avocado, macadamia, or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks
- Make the marinade by tossing the shallots, pitted cherries, balsamic vinegar, fish sauce, oil, salt, and pepper into a blender or food processor. Blitz until you get a smooth sauce.
- Taste it for seasoning, and add more salt and pepper if needed. It should be a good balance between savory, tangy, and sweet.
- Place the drumsticks in a large bowl and pour on the marinade.
- Make sure the marinade coats the chicken. You can let the chicken marinate in a covered container in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 375°F if using a convection oven.
- Place a wire rack on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and arrange the chicken on top. Make sure you shake off any excess marinade.
- Bake the chicken for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken pieces over at the halfway point.
- The chicken’s ready when the skin is crisp and browned and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Recipe from NomNom Paleo.