For those participating in the WLC, and everyone else, its time to get some shut eye. This week the “bonus” challenge is to get at least 7 hours of sleep every day (light off 10/7 last night through 3:00pm 10/15 Monday).
Coach Justin getting a power nap in after class
- If you don’t get a full 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep, you may accumulate the remainder during the day with a nap
- You may count the beginning of your night’s sleep when you turn off the lights
- Suggested practice: don’t use your bed for watching TV or reading. If you train your mind that the bed is where you go to fall asleep, you are more likely to fall asleep more easily.
- Suggested practice: Set a strict bedtime and stick to it. Don’t let your shows stop you — Tivo them!
- Suggested practice: If you can, don’t set an alarm and sleep until you wake. You may be surprised to find just how much sleep your body needs!
- Suggested practice: Start exposing yourself to less artificial light as the evening progresses. Blue light that is emitted by artificial light signals daytime to your brain.
- Suggested practice: Practice meditation or mindfulness right before going to bed to “cool” your brain off before trying to sleep.
Share about your experiences of the weekly challenge in the global weekly challenge forum (not required for credit).
Back Squat – Set a new 1 Rep Max
6 Pullups (C2B)
8 Pushups (Hand Release)
AMRP in 10 Minutes