Paleo Pumpkin Granola
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup pecans, chopped
12 dried dates, pits removed then chopped
½ cup pumpkin puree (make it a heaping scoop; the more pumpkin the better)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• In a large mixing bowl, add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and all spices. Mix well.
• Then add your nuts, seeds, and dates and mix well with your wet ingredients.
• Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet and pour your granola mixture on top. Use a spoon to spread out the mixture evenly so everything will cook at the same time.
• Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, moving the granola around half way through to be sure it doesn’t burn
• LET COOL. Letting the granola cool will help it harden up.
• Eat by itself or top off with coconut milk.
Thanks Amy Sc for giving this one a go. Warning, your entire house will smell like pumpkin pie… (Recipe adapted from PaleoOMG)