P3 CrossFit Houston's Home for CrossFit and Elite Fitness

How high was yours?

CROSSFIT OPEN COMPETITORS, BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR SCORES IN ONLINE SO WE CAN VERIFY THEM!

Starting the week with off 10 minutes of mandatory double-unders and finishing it up with a 10 minute snatch ladder, we have seen a ton of PRs throughout the week. Post your PRs from this week to the comments. Was is it consecutive DUs, a new 1RM Clean, or was it your 1RM Push Jerk? What barrier did you break down this week?

RWARRRR!

SKILL/STRENGTH
Ring Rows 10-8-6-4-2
Step Ups 10-8-6-4-2

WOD
Regional WOD 12.2
10 Min AMRP Snatches

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

13 Responses to “How high was yours?”

1. Mike L says:

The energy in the gym this week was great. I woke up this morning at 3:45 wide awake, i usually get up at 5 for the 6am class. I could not wait to get in the box and attack wod 12.2. Although i may have not crush it like some; the feeling of just wanting to get in there to take it on with no fear was awesome…. And watching the others attack it throughout the day was equally awesome. Planning on going back tomorrow to do some more cheering, hope i sleep a lil later though.

2. Robert R says:

Here are some great P3 (nerd)facts.

1. If a woman made it through 42 reps, she lifted 2,250 pounds, or 1.125, tons in 10 minutes.
    2. If a man made it through 30 reps, he also lifted 2,250 pounds, or 1.125 tons, in 10 minutes.
    3. This gigantic fucking cow only weighs 1.1 tons: http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2010/11/23/freakishly-large-animals.html#slide6

Good job, guys and gals.

3. Elisabeth says:

Ha.. I love the comparison.

4. Meagan says:

I love the comparison too! i would love a t-bone from that bad boy. I agree with mike about the energy in the gym; its been wonderful. Today kevin surprised everyone with a victorious lift at 165 in the last 8 second of 12.2. it was such a joyful moment.

5. Greg S says:

Thanks to Bart for pushing me through today. I was very intimidated by this wod at first and then got into a groove midway through 135, PR’d at 165 and got a few reps in at that weight, which I never thought I could do. The energy in the box was awesome. The open is an amazing way to push yourself and when you’re in the moment you can achieve great things. Last year it was getting my first muscle ups and this year it’s 165lb snatches. It’s great to see so many PR’s already and we’re only in week 2! Keep doin work!

6. Kevin says:

Today was pretty crazy. I have never snatched 165 and didnt think it was possible with my suspect form. I really believe that it was all due to the energy in the gym and special thanks goes out to Meagan for her great encouragement! Maybe I will try it again…it was kinda fun!

7. Anthony H. says:

There was all kinds of kick-assery going on yesterday … Loved watching Kevin and Greg battle through the WOD and set some nasty PRs (at the end of a grueling workout!). Also was cool to watch Robert and Sarah fight for it to the very end … You guys did awesome and left it all out there!

Agree on the energy this week, hope to tap into it and get some PRs with the 10:45am crew today!

8. Maureen says:

Up until yesterday, 75# was my one rep max on snatches…and I did 30 of them! I didn’t say they were pretty. :)

9. mary says:

Id love another shot at the open wod. I did have a 10-lb pr clean and did more double unders this week then in my entire life, but I’d really like another 10 min of snatches :)

10. Carrie says:

PR on back squats Saturday morning by 10lbs after doing the open the night before! Was pretty psyched! Thanks Elisabeth for the motivation :) here’s to another week of PRs

11. Sara M says:

I love that so many P3 people are doing the open. Fridays and Saturdays are awesome. It’s been incredible to see PR’s, watch folks fight through tough movements, laugh, do toe-touches, and coach each other through the WODs. And, on top of that, I was pumped to set new clean and jerk PR’s. What a week!

12. heide says:

I agree all the energy these couple of weeks is awesome. After thrashing myself on monday with double-unders (and being unsuccessful)I finally had had it. So I practiced everyday this week and hit 21 unbroken today! PRed on the snatch too-although I hadn’t done it before so that was kind of easy .. but a PR neverthless!

• John says:

Heide – I just can’t imagine anyone being our program for as long as you have and still never had the opportunity to snatch before in some variation. It may not of been last week, or but I remember vividly personally teaching the snatch in class to you on more than one occasion.

Sounds like we might need to look through your journal and consolidate some of the information and get it up to date…